Sunday, March 11, 2012

30kg LOST FOREVER!

I've now lost 30kg! This means that I've reached my dieticians goal of 77kg and am only 7kg away from my own personal goal of 70kg.

To celebrate how far I've come, I've gone back and re-taken all the measurements I took down pre-op... because it's not just 30kg that has gone, it's how my measurements have come too... some I found quite drastic, and lots smaller than I had expected.

Anyway, here is my stats pre-op, compared to my stats now, 6 months post-op and 30kg lighter...

Bust: 120.5cm - 108.5cm (12cm lost)
Under Bust: 100cm - 85cm (15cm lost)
Waist: 101.5cm - 79.5cm (22cm lost)
Hips: 125.5cm - 104cm (21.5cm lost)

Neck: 38.5cm - 36cm (2.5cm lost)

Left Wrist: 19.5cm - 17.5cm (2cm lost)
Right Wrist: 19cm - 17.5cm (1.5cm lost)

Left Forearm (fullest part): 31cm - 28.5cm (2.5cm lost)
Right Forearm (fullest part): 30cm - 27cm (3cm lost)

Left Upper Arm (fullest part): 42cm - 36cm (6cm lost)
Right Upper Arm (fullest part): 41cm - 35cm (6cm lost)

Left Ankle: 29cm - 25.5cm (3.5cm lost)
Right Ankle: 28cm - 25cm (3cm lost)

Left Calf (fullest part): 49cm - 38cm (11cm lost)
Right Calf (fullest part): 47.5cm - 39cm (8.5cm lost)

Left Thigh (fullest part): 76cm - 61cm (15cm lost)
Right Thigh (fullest part): 74cm - 61.5cm (12.5cm lost)

All up I've lost... 147.5cm off my body. That's freaking HEAPS! Wow! lol. I just figured that out as I'm typing, so I'm a bit stunned at just how many cm I've lost. Wow...

I also took some pics on the day I got a 77kg reading. Will compare them to my before pics...



I can see a huge difference in my side-on shots and I'm honestly thrilled. This is only 6 months into my life with the sleeve, and I'm not even sure how much more my body will want to remove from me. I'm happy to just go with the flow for now, but to be honest, I'd like to get to 70kg. I would probably not be happy under about 65kg though... I've never wanted to be skinny, and I don't think skinny would look good on me.

I am just so overwhelmed with how well this has worked out for me. Even MIL has been spreading around the word of the sleeve to people who mention they're considering lapband surgery... she's heard me explain why I chose the sleeve instead so tells people about those reasons... but then also adds that she's SEEN the amazing results of the sleeve, and it makes me feel quite good. It's an indirect compliment that I'm the inspiration for her telling people to consider the sleeve instead.

I had a BP monitor on for 24 hours again too, and all my readings were pretty good (well, except for one when I read the electricity bill...lol). About 126/75 where normal is about 120/70... so I'm only JUST over normal... world's away from my 200/110 readings of last year. So it's even improving that too, and hopefully my high BP didn't do too much long-term damage.

All in all, I am THRILLED with my sleeve, and want to recommend it to the world. If you're struggling with obesity, I'd suggest you at least consider it. Yes, it's not cheap, but it's a massive investment in your future. Your health and happiness could depend on it, and really, a few thousand is worth it. It's a tiny price to pay when you think about how much good it could do you. 

3 comments:

  1. You look amazing Stacey. Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done :)

    you waist looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To have got so far in such a short time is amazing and while your waist looks killer its what you've done for your blood pressure that I find absolutely amazing. That must feel like such a huge relief.

    ReplyDelete