Saturday, April 21, 2012

So, 32kg down and I do expect it's going to take a while to lose anymore and get lower still... I can't get under 75kg at this point in time. Still, I'm about 7.5 months out, and I'm happy with that.

I've also found out my body fat percentage... something my dietician was working with (along with waist measurement) rather than BMI. My waist is 78cm, but my body fat percentage is about 29% now, which is "acceptable." My lean body weight (so, minus fat) is about 53-ish kg. I'm assuming that means that the only way I'd ever get to 53kg or below, I'd have to lose muscle mass... or a limb or something. I think my original body fat percentage was about 41%-ish (and that was taken when I was about 1.5 weeks post-op). So 29% is kinda awesome... it means that roughly 22kg of my body is fat... which I'd like to lessen, but I'm not terribly concerned with 22kg of fat. It's not like I can get rid of all of it anyway. I think under 31% for women is good...

One thing I'm worried about though, is not my size so much as my shape. As I said previously, my boobs haven't really shrunk... and they're looking a bit freakish for my liking. I'm also really hating them with Winter coming up, because they've got plenty of awesome 60s-inspired clothes out... lots of tweed and houndtooth and wool coats and dresses and skirts... but while I am absolutely in love with the dresses, I simply cannot pull them off. Apart from the fact that high necked dresses just do me no favours, they don't even fit. They pull tight across my bust and gape at the armholes... and then are too baggy on the waistline and look terribly unflattering. I'm really quite heartbroken that a Portmans dress didn't fit properly... it was gorgeous. I just have to add a photo, because I love it, even though I will never wear it (it looked lovely on the woman working in the store too...damn her! lol).


The colour is amazing. It's a bit less pink and a bit more purply pink in the store... like a deep cerise colour.

Anyway, despite realising that I simply cannot wear any sort of 60s-inspired dress this season, there are PLENTY of 60s-inspired above-the-knee skirts that I can't wait to buy. Why above the knee? Well, because I can now. My knees are still far from the kind you'd want to show off, but they're also much better than they were previously, and I can now fit into boots as I think I mentioned last time. Some flat boots with a 60s skirt... and if I can find some suitable jackets and such... I think I could look 60s enough (minus the high necklines). My daughter has a gorgeous 60s mod dress too, and I couldn't get over how stunning she looks in it. 60s is definitely a good choice for Winter!

In other news, I was recently asking a fellow sleever about her tummy tuck. She had one after losing an incredible amount of weight, and it's something I'm semi-considering for the future. It's not something I'll do until I'm sure I've finished having children, so this is something that wouldn't happen until a long time down the track... but I'm still curious. Another sleever commented that I didn't need it... but seriously, with any amount of decent weight loss, I think you end up with loose skin. You can do some things to try and tighten, but loose skin is loose skin... and it's all about elasticity and such, and there's not much that can be done to save some areas.

This is a down-side to weight loss in general, not just the sleeve... but it is something worth considering, as if you've got HEAPS to lose, you may find you require some surgical assistance if you want it to go away. I see it as a punishment for ever getting fat in the first place. My stomach sag is most obvious when I'm leaning forward.... it hangs terribly. It's also the result of a 10lbs 4oz baby who took up residence in my uterus for 42 weeks... so was a bit icky anyway, but it's gotten worse since losing. Prepare for some icky pics of my worst areas for loose skin...

That's my thigh... the inner part of it. I'm holding my leg out... at an angle to the side (the camera is held at a bit of an odd angle). That's to show just how much sag my inner thigh now has.

Sorry for it being so blurry... it was hard to lean and show you the damage. Upright, it looks a bit jiggly and wobbly... but when I leave over... it full hangs. You can see where it detaches from my body and just sags. I wonder how much thinner I might be around my middle without this.

So yeah, sag happens with weight loss. It's a bit gross, but unless you're really lucky, please expect if you embark on a weight loss journey. That's only 32kg gone... imagine if you had a lot more to lose.

Now, despite my sag, my body is still shrinking, and I have a size 12 pair of Target jeans (Hot Options ones) from a few years back. I wanted them in a bigger size... tried them on but there was some fault in the pair I tried, so grabbed another from the rack. Well, I accidentally grabbed a size 12 (label on jeans was 12, but label on hanger was 16 or whatever it was I was after at the time - this is back in 2008... and I got to 83kg due to starvation after a relationship breakdown).

Anyway, for whatever reason, I just kept the jeans instead of returning them. I never fit into them though, but last week, I hadn't done the washing so I had run out of clothes (unless I wanted to iron, which I didn't), so went in search of something I could put on. Found the jeans and decided to give them a go...


And there they are, size 12 jeans and no muffin top! My saggy belly doesn't look too great in pants, so I didn't really like the way my lower stomach looked... but meh. They were size 12, they fit easily. That was all that mattered. lol.

I've also been continuing with the weights and zumba and such... but not sure I've seen much improvement. A bit disappointing, but I suppose it's improving my overall health anyway.

In regards to diet, I've been looking at the Celebrity Slim recipes (and will soon try the Tony Ferguson ones too). They're low fat, low calorie and low carb... which is a pretty good choice for sleevers. Haven't done a before and after food shot for a bit...so here you go...



The recipe is "Sticky Pork with Asian Greens," from the Celebrity Slim page. It's mostly just char sui on the pork fillet, some garlic and giner and a tiny bit of char sui with the veges (which are bok choy, sugar snap peas and snowpeas) with a bit of corriander on top and a lemon wedge. Quite fresh tasting... very yummy. As you can see, I managed about 4 bits of the pork, and not all of my veges. I served rice with everyone elses.

I'd say it's a great one for those able to have solid foods again after the sleeve... tasty and enough enough to serve yourself a small portion as the recipe only caters to 2 serves... it made a great amount for the 3 of us at home (with the rice for them).


No comments:

Post a Comment