Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Soups

I know I said I was happy to just eat what I want up until my pre-op diet, and not give two hoots about my weight... but I have gotten a little fatter recently (just a little, but still) and it's annoyed me so much that I've decided I'm going to lose a tiny bit... or at least avoid putting any more on.

I'm not going to do much to encourage this... there'll be no excessive dieting or exercise or anything like that because I still want to enjoy being free to not care so much for a while... but I do need to make sure I don't gain 10kg before my surgery... that would just be embarrassing. So, I've decided to cut out snacking and make a better choice at lunch.

Lunch will be soup. Just plain old boring soup. It's filling, it's somewhat okay-tasting, and it has few calories or fat content, so it should be okay to at least maintain my current weight. Today I had 1/2 large can of some chunky soup stuff - it was about 150-ish calories (I looked the other day when I was wondering if soup was a good choice or not - I have no idea how much is actually in it, but it was 2 serves to the can and under 150 calories per serve) so pretty low really. Tasted okay.

Purchased a bunch of those Woolies soups too - those ones they serve in the cold section in little tubs. I've had the minestrone one before and that was nice, so grabbed 4 different flavours and am hoping they'll be decent. Will be good to know too, cos then I can puree the life out of them post-op if they're yummy.

I've actually been thinking about the pre-op diet too, and how I'll cope on that. Not very well I bet. I suspect there'll be many more entries in here when that time rolls around, because I'll be so miserable with that horrible stuff. Have I mentioned before that I don't even like milkshakes that much when they're fatty, calorie-laden things? Well, I don't. Chocolate is my flavour. THE ONLY flavour I drink. Fruit and Dairy, to me, just seems wrong together... so I don't generally do banana or strawberry or anything else.

I'm going to have to though... I got given a pack for free, an expensive blood pack too, so I'm going to use them all. Well, not ALL. Not coffee. I don't drink coffee, so I'm not using those. Someone want them? Let me know - they're yours (Optifast shakes in case you've got no idea wtf I'm talking about).

I will TRY the soups. Just to see if I think they're are repulsive as everyone else keeps saying. lol. I bet they will be, and you'll all hear about it.

I'm looking forward to the mousse... but I'm not really a sweet person so all the sweet stuff will annoy me, I know. I'll be longing for some savoury come surgery, so hopefully it won't take too long before they give me some broth or something (gross normally, but not when you're starving and want something salty).

How much should I aim to lose? That's another question I keep thinking. Not post-op, but on the pre-op diet. I'm thinking 5kg. That's over 2 weeks. It sounds like a huge amount over only 2 weeks, but I always lose the first 4kg so damn easily. They just drop off in a week... and then I never lose weight again. So if I can lose that 4kg, plus an extra kg I'll be happy. Actually, I lie. I'll probably not be happy because I'll be starving and consuming only disgusting Optifast... but I'll TRY to be happy... lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment