Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Carb-Induced Loss, Blood Pressure Changes and Top Report Card!

So, my weight went up for a while... as it seems to do a lot lately. It gets to a lower number, then the next day, it's up again... and remains up, until eventually it gets even lower again... I dunno why. So, today, I'm 86.5kg. I was up at about 87kg for most of the week, even after getting to 86.8kg previously. It's not much anyway, so I really shouldn't even think about it.

Anyway, you know how my mantra has been "eat more, lose more?" Well, I've been thinking that was mostly about more PROTEIN... eat more PROTEIN, lose more weight. Yesterday proved otherwise though. Yesterday, I was hungry all day long. Not ravenous, but hungry enough to want to eat the entire day. The ENTIRE day I ate. Not much, because you can't eat much as a sleever... but I still ate a lot more than usual, and given it's the end of a shopping fortnight and I'm broke, it's been raining and I can't drive, I've lacked the ability to go get more food... so I've been carbing it up. I had some protein yesterday, sure, but I'd say majority of my food intake was carb-heavy.

Still, I ate so much, and I lost. I finally got below that 87kg that has been annoying me each day on the scales... from eating lots, and eating carbs. WTF? I might test this out again in future, and see if eating MORE, even if it's carby foods, helps... or if it was just a once-off.

I also recieved a compliment today - someone said I had lost HEAPS. She saw me a few weeks post-op when I had her daughter over for a sleepover. I saw her at the school's Christmas Party (for the Preps) today, and she was all, "Wow, look at you! You've lost HEAPS!" It felt really good. She knows what I've had done - I kept it no secret. I feel really bad not telling people when they mention weight loss, particularly if they're not skinny and are perhaps looking to lose weight themselves. I don't want to pretend like I've figured out the magical way to break the binging habit, or spend my whole life in a gym since last I saw them... so I tell them the truth. I think it really has both pros and cons - people tend to be less willing to congratulate you on your loss if you've had surgery, as if you don't deserve it because you did it "the easy way," or something. Luckily some people are just positive regardless.

Did I mention my change in blood pressure yet? If not...

You know how previously it had been as high as 200/120? Well, last time I checked (about a week ago now) it was 160/85. Still high-ish... but SO MUCH lower than it has been. I'm no longer a heart-attack waiting to happen. I'm so very happy with that. I'll have blood tests done soon enough to check everything else, so I'll let you know if my cholesterol has gone down (because that was an issue pre-sleeve) and also let you know if the sleeve has caused anything negative to happen too. That won't be until January sometime.

And just for a little brag - I got my daughter's report card back today... all As. I didn't even know they did that system for such young children, but it appears they do... and mine got all As. It's probably not that hard to get an A in Prep, but I don't care, I'm still gonna brag. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment