Thursday, December 01, 2011

Old Clothes, Imaginary Pregnancy and Measurements Lost

Have been feeling less than average lately, and thought I might be pregnant. First test was negative. Second test had a faint 2nd line. Third test was negative. So I'm going with negative. My period is 8-9 days late now though, so I'll have to head to the doctor if it doesn't show up soon, just to see what's going on.

It was rather worrying thinknig I was pregnant - I've spent the past few days thinking about what I'd do, how a baby could possibly fit into our lives at this point in time, etc. I also worried about the sleeve and how that'd change things - I want to make sure I don't make myself high risk if possible. I want to birth at home, and I don't want to be ordered to do a billion and one things just because I've had the sleeve... so would rather wait to fall pregnant until at least a year after I was sleeved. I also don't know how I'd manage pregnant eating with a restrictive sleeve. lol.

Anyway, yesterday I needed clothes to wear, but had been slack with the washing and didn't have much to choose from. I decided to go through a pile of old clothes at the top of my wardrobe and see how they fit. I don't actually LIKE these old clothes - they're all ugly, lol - but I still wanted to see how they fit on me. Everything I tried on fit, or was even a little baggy.

I even tried on this dress I've never worn  (a stretchy size 14) to see how it'd do. It's a bit too clingy for my liking, but it still looked better on then it would have pre-sleeve, so I took some photos to celebrate the moment. I'm wearing shapewear underneath to firm up all my flabby bits (mostly belly), but hte shapewear creates an obvious dent in my side, in the legholes. Anyway, you'll notice it in the photo, I'm just explaining what that is.

Again, apologies for my messy mirror. I never realise just how bad it is until I take a photo... lol.

I think the dress might look okay with some different shapewear that doesn't do that weird leg thing, and also with a few extra kg lost. I don't really think I'd wear it though - it's a little short for my liking (I like things to cover my unattractive knees).

This morning I decided to take some measurements to see how far I've come too...

So today I am...

Bust: 106cm
Under Bust: 91.5cm
Waist: 86cm
Hips: 111cm

So it seems my waist measurement is about the same as my weight in kg - though I'm actually 86.8kg at the moment, not a flat 86kg. I wonder if it was that way all along? My waist and weight being the same number (or close)? I might have a look... nope, it hasn't been. lol.

Anyway, my losses on those above body parts so far...

Bust - 14.5cm
Under Bust - 8.5cm
Waist - 15.5cm
Hips - 14.5cm

I'm pretty happy with those kinds of results...

Not much else to add really... just thought I'd update.



2 comments:

  1. Doing great, you can see the difference already, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you look amazing!! just having a bit of a stalk from the gss forum :)

    ReplyDelete