Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fat-Hating Fuckwits

"You sure you got enough food there, Love?"

This was said to me today, lunchtime, as I walked from McDonalds back to the car where DD and DP were waiting. I was carrying a brown paper McDonalds bag, a happy meal box and a tray with 3 drinks. That's all they'd have been able to see.

Now, of course it doesn't matter that they were eating the same crappy food as I was - either that or they're just losers who like to hang out in the Maccas carpark in the middle of a Sunday - it just mattered that I was fat. I bet if I was skinny, they would not have said anything.

It REALLY pisses me off that people think this is an acceptable way of talking (or shouting out to) strangers. People you do not know, don't know a damn thing about, and have no reason to be interacting with.

Look, if you think I'm fat and shouldn't be eating McDonalds because of that, whatever, have you stupid beliefs about who can eat what and think that it's not doing just as much damage to your body as it is to mine... but is there a need to ruin my day by saying it? Is there a need to be such a heartless, cruel jerk as to say something to me which makes me feel guilty as I eat each and every french fry and make me want to cry as I do so?

I got off-my-face drunk last night - and wanted McDonalds when I woke up. I wasn't hungover, but I was tired and I'm feeling sick... and the idea of McDonalds just sounded appealing. So I got it. The food wasn't all for me - I had 2 meal deals and a Happy Meal. There were 3 people in our car, so it made sense. They were parked RIGHT NEXT TO US so they should have been able to see that DP and DD were in there. Even if not, I could have been heading to someone's house (or back home) to bring them McDonalds too. Or I could have just wanted to eat it all myself. Whatever was happening, they didn't know and it was none of their freaking business and certainly not their right to say something about it.

So, thanks dickheads, for making me feel like shit. I hope it makes you feel like a real tough man to treat me like that. Me, who wouldn't say a bad word to you because I'm not a bitch. Me who SHOULD have gone and kicked your shitbox of a car, but didn't because I'm not as bad as you are. Me, who may be fat, but hey, that's changing... I doubt you'll grow out of your dickheadedness.

Absolute fat-hating fuckwits.

1 comment:

  1. People like that will always be fuckwits, you on the hand are gorgeous! I personally don't see how you need to loose weight, you remind me of a curvy hot pin up girl :). *girl crush*

    ReplyDelete