Sunday, January 29, 2012

Progress shots for approx 5 months out, and just a bit of rambling.

The weight is definitely coming off a lot slower these days, but one of the major things I need to do to keep losing is to keep eating. It sounds so easy... because previously, not eating enough would have never been an issue, but now it's a bit of a struggle. The days I eat and eat and eat all day are the days I see a loss (well, the next day anyway). It feels so wrong though, on those days where all I seem to do all day is eat, I feel like I would have pre-op when I ate all day - like I've done something wrong and something to feel ashamed of.

Anyway, today's weight is 80.8kg. Not much lower than last time, but it's a loss all the same so I'm taking it.

There's not much to update this time round, except to share a progress shot. It was taken first thing this morning, so that's why I'm wearing PJs and look like rubbish. I've pulled the PJs tight so you can see my actual progress... I don't actually have tight-fitting clothing anymore. Even my underwear hangs off my bum (and it's still a rather large backside, so I feel a bit scared at how big it used to be).


My Mum got me these PJs cos I never buy my own... don't tease me for them having an Elmo design! lol


I think I'd almost look cute in a wiggle dress, if not for those bulges on my lower stomach. I'd like to say that shapewear flattens it out, but it doesn't... just makes it appear a bit firmer. That's mostly excess skin and a bit of flab, and appeared after I had a caesarean with my daughter... so I don't expect it'll ever go away without surgery. Of course losing weight on my belly means even more skin is hanging around that area... when I lean forward, it's quite obvious and revolting... very soft and jiggly... but I suppose it's much better to have that, than many extra cms on my waistline.

My arms are also still very big, much to my upset. I'm thinking I'm going to need to seriously work on those, though I'm not exactly sure how. I do not want muscle definition - that's not my thing. I would like them to just be SMALLER. I'm thinking I will probably have to work at losing the fat on them, through exercise, and then have the excess skin chopped off. It's supposed to be a very painful procedure, so not keen on having to do it, but I think skinnier arms would mean I appeared skinnier overall... so I'm set on them shrinking. 

2 comments:

  1. You definitely just need to start exercising. Doing weights etc will tone and firm you better than anything else. Surgery isn't perfect. It is a complete myth that women bulk up and get all muscly doing weights and exercise, you just get slimmer, more toned and fitter. To get muscle bulk you would need to be a professional weight lifter LOL

    Try exercising a few times a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wanted to congratulate you on your progress so far! you look amazing and I love how you've shared your journey, even the jiggly bits LOL

    ReplyDelete