Wednesday, January 04, 2012

What I ate today... deciding to blog this regularly.

Another update so soon... why? Well, I've decided I'm going to keep a track of what I'm eating each day. Partly so potential sleevers/fellow sleevers can see what others eat in a day, and partly so I can keep track of what I'm actually eating in a day, and can hopefully make better food choices as a result... or figure out what is causing problems if there are any.

At the moment, I am 4 months post-sleeve, just so you know how far along I am (without having to figure it out... lol).

Anyway, today wasn't the best day... I'm broke and am mostly living off what's in the house already. Today I've eaten...

2 chicken wingettes (marinated in a smokey bbq sauce) - these were pre-cooked from another day and then frozen...
1 piece (minus crust) and 1 bite (of 2nd piece) of the leftover pizza from yesterday.
4 rice crackers (I think they were chicken flavoured or something)
2 olives
A 2cm cube of rockmelon
Chicken mignon (from Lenards) with some greek salad (minus cucumber cos I hate it). I didn't eat all - so took before and after shots to give us both an idea (me for future reference).


That's about 1/2 a mignon, a tiny tiny sliver of lettuce, 2 bits of diced tomato, 1 bit of spanish onion, 2 cubes of feta. The olive I gave to DD - she loves olives and I was full by that stage.

Protein has become really hard with not being able to properly stomach dairy, and from hating eggs. 2 really easy ways to get protein in, and I can't do it! I can have cheese, but milk makes me spew/feel like I need to...

I am thinking that I might be able to get some protein in if I have some french toast though... even just 1/2 a piece might help. Of course, then it's carby too, but I'm not terrified of carbs so I don't really care. If it means I can get a little more protein in easily, then I'll be happy. I am also hoping I can soon again stomach yoghurt and milk... yoghurt was a great way to get in some calcium and protein previously...

I also have a multi-vitamin each day, and I drink all day long, so I never measure how much. I have a drink with me every waking moment (actually, I have a bottle beside me bed too... lol), so I don't think I could get in any more than I already do in regards to fluids... I don't do tea or coffee or anything, most of my drinks are water and cordial. Sometimes diet, sometimes not. Depends on what flavour I feel like, but I do have it rather watery (I prefer it that way). For some reason, it feels like it goes down smoother than water... water can sometimes give me a slight reflux feeling, which is very odd. I'm hoping that settles too, as I do enjoy water on its own.

An additional drink I had today - about 1/2 cup of lemonade - not fizzy stuff, but old fashioned lemonade - water, lemon and sugar.

I also read over yesterday's post, and realise it sounds like I've just gone on a junk food binge. lol! Just wanted to clarify that I haven't tried MUCH take-away... or even ordered my own. I've attempted popcorn chicken at a foodcourt and given that was too oily, I haven't bothered with any other KFC. On a 2-hour train trip, we swapped trains midway and DD grabbed some Maccas (that and vending machines were all that was on offer). I had a few bites of her burger. Bleh. No thanks.

Otherwise, we have takeaway once a fortnight when DP comes home, or once or twice when we've been elsewhere around dinnertime (visiting - and people go, "Meh, let's grab a pizza for dinner."). At the mines there's not much he can have... apart from a few crappily-cooked camp meals so he takes full advantage when he gets home and wants take-away usually on his first night home (he gets home around dinnertime so we go straight there). That's when I've had Red Rooster. Sushi I have sometimes when I do my grocery shopping - not being a driver, it takes ages to get there and back, so we usually have lunch there...

Fish and Chips we had on Christmas Eve at the In-Laws (FIL just went and grabbed some) and once when DP wanted it when he came back from the mines.

Most days though, it's just whatever's in my house... I'm not just the take-away queen like it sounds below. lol. I thought it was important to write that up though, because having this sleeve is not just about eating smaller portions of what you're used to... a lot of what I used to like, I no longer have a taste for, even if I can stomach it. It's also a whole different way of eating - getting protein in first and having veges secondary is weird - most diet programs say have HEAPS of veges... so that's quite difficult to get used to.

Anyway, I plan to update regularly with what I'm eating daily... it'll hopefully help me figure out how much I'm actually consuming so I can figure out a better meal plan for myself, and also hopefully give you guys some idea as to what you might be eating if you're not yet sleeved, or see how you compare to me if you are sleeved.

No comments:

Post a Comment