Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dropping a Dress Size, French Fries and Bye-Bye Binges

Today: 96.5kg. I've been this weight for a few days now, so I think my body has realised that food intake is going to continue to be quite low, so it's adjusted. I hear this is natural, so I'm not too concerned. I am eating a little more now too, so that probably doesn't help. I suspect once I get into more solid foods (soft foods begin on Monday) then things might change again as my body will be able to readjust.

Anyway, I took a few measurements to see how things are progressing on that front... I didn't do the full measurements, just some of them. So today...

Bust - 110.5cm (10cm lost in total)
Waist - 95.5cm (6cm lost in total)
Hips - 117.5cm (8cm lost in total)

Left Thigh - 68.5cm (7.5cm lost in total)
Right Thight - 67.5cm (6.5cm lost in total)

So the cms are coming off which is obviously a positive sign for me.
This is even evident in my dress size - given that I shop at City Chic pretty much exclusively, I think I can say that I HAVE dropped a dress size. Well, losing over 10kg generally does result in that. So I've gone from a S, to an XS. I wouldn't imagine I'm an XS in pants or skirts though - I still have a big fat arse to account for.

Anyway, I did say I got a new dress and would share a pic, so here you go...


So that's an XS, and is a little baggy around the waist but I LOVED this dress and figure I can get a red belt to nip it in if I need to. The fact that I have big boobs means I can fill the top of the dress out nicely, so it doesn't look too baggy there anyway. I'd love a little thin red patent belt with a bow on the front... but let's just see.

I actually tried some REAL food the other day too. 4 french fries. I know I shouldn't have... but I was at a food court and hadn't prepared ahead (because I'm an idiot), and DD was eating some McDonalds for her lunch... so I stole a few. I chewed them up until they were mush... and suprisingly, they've been the only things I've eaten lately that haven't made me feel sick afterwards. Still though, they don't taste that great. No food does. It's really quite disappointing that nothing tastes good anymore. Things might taste okay, but mostly everything seems much stronger in flavour and not at all enjoyable.

I'd really like a salad. I'd LOVE to go to Sumo Salad and get the Low GI chicken one (whatever it's called) because it's yummy, but of course that's still a while away yet. For now, I'm living on stuff I'd rather not have to eat. I eat the tiniest amounts... though I am eating a little more lately. Still, only about 3-4 teaspoons in a sitting. It's quite odd compared to the massive amounts I used shovel into my mouth... my plate looks pathetic, with the smallest serving you've ever seen... and it's even weirder when I cannot finish it.

I've been told to eat until I'm full but I'm yet to figure out what "full" feels like with the sleeve. I feel a bit sick after eating everything, so I think I tend to finish before I'm full, just because of the nausea. I'm hoping the nausea will go away though, and that food will eventually taste good again. After all, that's one reason I chose the sleeve - I want to still be able to enjoy nice foods, just not be able to eat my serving and then some. I want to eat nice foods in small quantities... so it will suck if I find I just don't find food very nice anymore.

Wow, how woe is me. "Oh, poor me, I'm losing weight." lol. Yeah, I'm happy about the weight loss, I just like to complain... and right now, it's about the fact that food sucks and I can't eat anything tasty. I will admit to having a tiny bit of brie too. There's no "brie" on any of my food lists, so I figured it's quite smooth and therefore decided it was a puree. I didn't eat the white outer part... just the cheesy bit on the inside. The outer part didn't seem like it'd be puree-diet friendly, so I cut that part off. It was reduced-fat brie... and I keep that in mind when I start thinking I was naughty. Seriously, I eat next to nothing, I don't think a tiny bit of fatty brie would make much difference, but I should start eating better regardless, hence it being reduced fat brie instead of full fat.

I also drink reduced fat milk and strangely it doesn't taste weird anymore. I've always found it to taste like it's had weetbix sitting in it. I know that sounds weird, but that's how it's tasted in the past. Now my lite milk just tastes like normal milk... so I'm quite okay with that.

I think I look healthier too. My face does anyway. I think it looks thinner and even more radiant perhaps? It's really quite unexpected as you'd think not eating much would have me looking ill and weak and dull... but I don't think so. I've got make-up on right now, but even without make-up I think I look healthier.

From time-to-time I feel a bit, "Why did I do this to myself?!" but I think a lot of that is not having food to turn to anymore. There's been a few times when I've wanted to binge eat to comfort myself, but I can't... and I think those are the times I regret getting the sleeve... but later, I realise THANK HEAVENS I have the sleeve or else how many calories would I have consumed in that moment of upset?

It's strange, but I don't even care about weight loss right at this very minute - the main thing I want is to be able to eat normally again. Well, normal foods anyway. Not normally as in being able to pig out. I long for a cheese and tomato sandwich on grainy bread, and a salad. Healthy foods. Yummy healthy foods.

I also kind of miss coke... I was a bit of a coke addict pre-op... so not having it in so long is a bit weird. I have no idea how long it'll take before I can have a sip or two of fizzy drinks though, so I'll just keep avoiding it until I'm WELL into normal foods.

ANYWAY... rambling on and on. I hope that someone finds this one day and finds some comfort in knowing they're not alone. I've been trawling blogs looking to see if people have been the same as I am at this stage... lots have, so that's comforting. Others seem to enjoy the puree stage... ew.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you are doing so well Stacey! The dress looks lovely : )

    ReplyDelete