Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Needing to Eat More, Wound Updates and Progress Pics

What have I eaten today?

So far...
3/4 tub Yoplait Forme Satisfy Yoghurt.
About 8 "bites" of the Weetbix Bites in low-fat milk.
Water
Diet Cordial
A tiny bit of cranberry juice (light one)

I have no idea what dinner will bring... I have a tin of chunky soup that I'll give a go to if I can't find anything more appetising. DD has her first sleepover ever tonight, so I have 2 6-year-olds to feed and entertain. They're a bit hyperactive right now... jumping about. Little piglets gobbled up a massive bowl of popcorn before so not sure if they'll eat much dinner... which is just junk really - some pizza, some chicken nuggets, party pies and maybe some sausage rolls (if they cook quick enough). Then some ice-cream for dessert.

I WAS going to have them sleep in the loungeroom but that means I can't do anything but stay in my room once they fall asleep... and I'm kinda hoping they give me SOME time to myself, so I've told them they can sleep in another room, and sold the benefits of that (taught them about shadow puppets and truth or dare... lol).

I also told a stranger about my WLS today too - this little girl's mother. She seemed nice, and I mentioned I'd had surgery as the reason why I hadn't done much on the holidays (esp. the start of the holidays) and she later asked what surgery I'd had. She wasn't thin herself, and I often feel that people with a weight problem will perhaps be more understanding. She sounded fine with it - apparently a relative of hers had undergone the surgery in Feb and lost about 40kg already, so it wasn't a bad conversation to have.

She was really nice too... her daughter is 2 days older DD, she had her daughter when she was a year younger than I was... and she even went to my high school (though was 2 years below me so I didn't know her) it seems. Our girls are getting along nicely, so perhaps I can make a friend in this woman. I hope so. I so lack friends. There are GREAT people I talk to online, but they all live too far away... it really sucks. Making a friend would be nice.

I think I need to up my eating, because yesterday I tried to and ate more than usual, and I was 100g lighter this morning. Just 100g, but when I eat the amount I usually eat, I remain the same weight... so I'm thinking that perhaps I need to eat more to lose more. Unfortunately, to get much in I'd have to spend my entire day eating really... which again, wouldn't be good because I often need to sit and rest for a while after eating.

You know when you pig out and you feel a bit sick and just need to rest because your belly is so full? Well, that's what I feel like after eating a lot of the time. Not bursting at the seams exactly, but the sick feeling you have where you have to rest. I'm only eating a tiny amount so I don't think it's that I'm overreating or anything... I think it's just how it is post-sleeve, at least for now.

I've been hunting out recipes too. I'm really eager to eat well. Aktins is good for protein recipes, but they often have ingredients I can't yet have (salad, for example) and are all about keeping things high in fat... so I guess I could make low-fat alternatives to some of their recipes... but I do need to find them again anyway. I got rid of all my Atkins recipes when I stopped Atkins... so need to find the websites again. I remember there was a really good one too.

I guess another bad thing is that the Aktins recipes won't cater to the fact I need to eat soft foods. *sigh*

Guess I'll be trying out savoury mince, chilli con carne, taco mince etc. I wouldn't mind tacos without the shell... but would like to add some lettuce and fresh tomato... maybe putting in baby spinach and some tinned tomato might be okay? God, I don't know. lol. Maybe just cheese and taco mince will have to do.

Might figure out some soft bean recipes too if I can.

Also wanting to try out some fish cakes - at least I can use different dipping sauces for a variety of flavour.

TBH, I just want to eat salad. It sounds so weird. I mean, I'd like bread and pasta too, because I'm a bit of a carb-fan, but mostly salads would help. I would find it much easier if I could have salad.

Hmmm... what about beef stroganoff but with mince? Can you do that? Or finely diced really tender casserole beef?

lol. You can see I'm kind of getting fed up with the lack of variety I have at the moment.

Oh, I took some photos too... firstly, here's my scars and how they've healed about 3.5 weeks on...


You can see there's scar above and either side of my belly button, two on my side closest to the camera and one below but between my breasts. They're healing well, though I think I've got a bit of dissolvable stitch on 2 of them that hasn't dissolved. It's sticking out of the skin a bit. I'll ask my surgeon about it when I see him middle of October if they don't go away by then.

I also took some more progess photos... Grey shirt is yesterday, black top is 3 days into pre-op diet.




I think you can see I've lose some around the middle on my side-on pic. My tummy isn't as big. I'm wearing the same top (but in a diff colour) in both pics and the same skirt too... though it's a bit tight on the pre-op pic, and it's a bit looser on my post-op pic... I have to wear it down on my hips more to fit these days.

1 comment:

  1. I've found dukan to be the the best when it comes to protein recipes that aren't high in fat and doesn't totally eliminate carbs. You should read the book if you get the chance, its really informative. Also if you're looking for recipes, check out http://www.dukanized.com/ The protein recipes are actually quite yummy.

    ReplyDelete