Friday, May 27, 2011

The Hunt for the Red Cardi...

Well, I got my loan money... FINALLY! Yay!

On Thursday I also have my first appointment with Dr Greenslade. I'm expecting it to go well. If it doesn''t... well, I'm sure you'll hear all about it. lol.

Not much has been going on with me because right now it's all about waiting. There's nothing left to organise really. Except my Winter wardrobe.

I'm fatter than last year... not a lot, but enough to make my jeans uncomfortable. It's hard though because I know I won't be fitting into the stuff I wear this Winter, next Winter... but at the same time, that's kind of making me want to spend up and buy nice stuff I can flog off on eBay when I'm done. Still, I don't want to go overboard, so instead of an entire new wardrobe, I'm just going to use my darker-coloured Summer stuff and pop a jacket/cardi over the top and team it with stockings for warmth.

I was PLANNING to order a bunch of stuff from the City Chic online sale... but could only score 1 item by the time I got around to actually ordering. Such a pain in the arse because I actually REALLY wanted a particular cardigan... and now it's gone. Really down about that and have been searching the internet high and low for one, new or used, but cannot find one anywhere. They don't even have it full price in my nearest store... not in my size anyway.

This is the cardi I want. If you see it in an "S" anywhere, please let me know!

This is what I've ordered... it's okay, but it's not like the lovely red cardi!
Also figured since I'm sharing City Chic photos, might as well share some of my Winter wardrobe so far...




I've also got a few more items but can't find them online. lol. Thinking about adding some more tops (I do own more than just that one grey top too btw...). I've also got a black denim pencil skirt (it's either black or really really dark navy), a few plain, boring tops and a printed halter-necked top with little red buttons on it that'd look cute with that red cardi!

I was going to to buy the plain black version of that red-spotted dress above too, but they ran out before I could place my order. It's SO stupid... I could have ordered them all, IF I had done it in the morning before I took Chanel to school and went shopping. Alas, I'm an idiot and instead waited until I got home that evening... and POOF! All gone except the little green-ish cardi. 

I think I need more shoes too. I mostly wear ballet flats... but I wear them out so quickly, I never have enough colours. My faves at the moment are red (mostly because they go with most things I wear)... but I need some new colours, particularly if I'm going to wear tights during Winter. I need to find some good plus-size tights... plain black is all well and good, but it gets a bit boring. Might check out eBay and see what I can get...

Oh wow, a post about fashion rather than weight. Well, I guess it has something to do with weight really... considering it's all plus-sized gear that I wouldn't be able to wear if my weight wasn't an issue... but meh. 

Actually, this'll be one thing I'll miss when I lose weight - because as you can see, I love City Chic. At least the skinnier alternatives will be cheaper though I suppose...  


1 comment:

  1. For plus-sized tights in GORGEOUS colours, try these:

    www.welovecolors.com
    and
    www.sockdreams.com

    ReplyDelete