Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Sleeve will Come... Time to think of Other Things...

Firstly - how does this blog show up for you guys? Some have told me it's hard to read, but on my screen it's not... so I'm wondering if my computer is doing something to it that others aren't seeing? Mine has rainbow background, mostly green font, but there's a "shaded out" part behind the text so that you can still see the background, but it's really dull. Anyway, let me know so I can sort out any issues if it's difficult to read.

Secondly - appointment with Dr Greenslade this week! WOOHOO! Looking foward to it. Well, as much as you can. Not really sure what to expect... but whatever happens, it'll just be ME in there. I don't want anyone else in that room to see how much I weigh or whatever. Mum's going with me, but she's staying in the waiting room.

I've also got other things to think about now too - I've started Open Uni today. YAY!

Bachelor of Communication through Griffith. I'll be doing a major in Media Communications, with the intention of being in writing. Ideally, I'd be a fiction writer. Am I good enough though? I have no idea. I'd like to think so, but I guess it's hard to critically critique yourself. I'd actually love to be a screenwriter too - though I know that's perhaps the most unrealistic goal of all. lol.

I'm still on the hunt for the red cardigan - I'm scouring the internet to see if I can find it. To not avail. *sigh*

It's really weird - that before my money went through, before I got my referral, etc etc, all I could think about was the sleeve... now it's just a waiting game and I don't even think about it that often. In a way, I think I'm actually POSITIVE because I know I don't have to stress about it anymore. It'll happen... I just have to do stuff to occupy myself in the meantime. Uni will definitely cover that. I spend 2 hours just READING this morning... but today's just the first day so I know I've got a long way to go yet.

My last assessment will be 2nd September I think? Something like that. I'll have to make sure my surgery date is after then. Kind of works out well really, doesn't it? lol.

This is perhaps the most aimless, useless post here... ah well...

1 comment:

  1. Hey hun :-) I have to be honest and say that I find your journal hard to read and often have to zoom in so I can see the text.

    Good luck with your appointment. I hope you know that whatever happens that we will all be hearing cheering you on. I would be the same about having anyone in the room with me, but just remember this is the beginning of your journey and it can only get better from here.

    I envy your studying. I wish I could study again but with work and DD I just don't have time. Plus I already have 3 degrees so DH says I don't need to do anymore :-P

    ReplyDelete