Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Almost sorted... Referral, Surgeon Appointment but no money yet... *sigh*

So... I have my referral from the GP! YAY! Was so much easier than I thought it'd be... I thought I'd basically have to fight for it. I went in armed with a huge list of stuff - reasons why I want to lose weight, methods I've tried to lose weight, why I have chosen the sleeve... blah blah. I only ended up using the part about methods I've tried though, because that's all he asked about. I got half way through reading my list and he was satisfied... I think he would have been fine if I didn't read it out either, he just wanted to do things properly. It seemed more like a formality than something he actually required.

I got home and then booked my appointment with Dr Greenslade. June 2, 3pm. That's a Thursday. Will be pulling Chanel out of school for that day I think, because I won't be able to make it to the appointment AND get her from school in time... it's a decent distance away from my house. Might see if my pregnant SIL can watch her while I go to the appointment, because I'd rather DD not come and be a pain in the neck (which she no doubt would be, because she'd be bored and annoyed she's not at school - my little nerd... lol).

Oh, just a random sidetracking - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJcTi1BBJT0 That's DD reading. Just bragging really - what better place to do it than my own little slice of the web?

So... yeah, appointment. Woohoo. Will cost $140, but get $70 back from Medicare.

STILL have yet to see my freaking loan money though. Rang them yesterday, apparently they may now need ID verification. I mean, wtf? Why not just tell me every damn thing you need AT ONCE so I can sort it out? Too bad if I needed this money quickly huh? Might call them in a minute to see wtf is going on... someone was supposed to ring me back yesterday (but didn't... how professional! *sigh*).

I'm so fat lately, but I'm kind of just sucking it up. I'll lose it soon enough.

Dr thinks I might need to take blood pressure meds too... my BP was shocking yesterday, but he's worried it could just be nerves and doesn't want to put me on meds unless I really do have BP issues... because that could be quite bad for my health otherwise. So I go back in a week and if it's still high, then medication for me. I'm okay with that - I'd rather medication than a heart attack tbh.

I'm about 104kg now btw. Yep, I've gotten fatter. I think I've been really stressed lately worrying about whether or not I'd get my loan, whether or not the GP would give me the referral, etc, so I've been eating pretty badly. What's worse is that I, again, never feel full... so can stuff away even more crap as a result.

Doctor did say that surgery sounded like an ideal solution for me... which was reassuring. It's hard to have people in your court when you're wanting this surgery... because even when people support you, they're not exactly excited for you, and are more worried but keeping that to themselves. Only fellow sleevers (or those whov'e had other WLS) tend to get it... so it felt good to have him agree that it's a good decision. Too many people try to talk you out of this, so I'm glad I have a medical professional on my side!

Better go ring MEBank...

No comments:

Post a Comment