Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Chicken Wing Saviours, Joining the Gym and a Dress Dilemma

Eating is so damn hard. I am so over most foods... BUT yesterday I picked up some chicken wings and managed to eat ALMOST 2 of them (well, they were wingettes, so not full wings... lol) and I also ate a lot more than usual and lost a bit more so I think that's really what I've got to do... I know I keep saying eat more to lose more, but seriously, eating more is quite difficult. Who ever thought I'd say that? lol.

Chicken wings are a bit fatty, I know, so I don't want to make them a habit, but LEAN MINCE OVER AND OVER was probably what was making me not eat. Too much of that has had me just not bothering with food... and that's really not good, so I'm happy to put a little fatty meat in there so long if it means I'm actually keeping my food intake up. It was also a change in taste and texture, so quite enjoyable.

I've also decided that next week I'm joining the gym. Why next week and not now? Because I'm poor right now... that's the only reason. I can join online, but I might go in and maybe use their free 7-day pass first to see if it's even worth it. Damn... just realised that means I'll need gym clothes. And a sports bra. More money to spend... *sigh*

I am eager to use their classes, but am scared that I'll be this fat, red blob huffing and puffing... and everyone else will be amazing at it. I'll have to get over that though... if I never start out as that fat blob, I'll never get to be one of them...

They have kids classes too that they twice weekly (I think?) where the kids can do a class for 45 mins while you hit the machines... I can organise to do my stuff while DD is at school, but it might be something interesting for her to do too sometimes... it's for ages 6-12 or something. I'll talk to her about it and see what she thinks.

Last week I tried on a dress... and I'm in love. I think it shows my body off in all the right ways... but it's expensive so can I afford it? Probably not. Still, I keep wondering if I should just buy the things I love and get them taken in when they're too big. I'm down to 3 dresses I can wear now (2 are a bit too big), and 1 skirt, that's a high-waisted skirt, but I now have to wear it on my hips. Everything else is too big to wear... which is good, but annoying because I cannot afford new clothes. Here's the dress anyway...


It's shows a lot of boob... but why not? Takes the focus off my arms... lol

I also need swimwear this weekend as I'm meeting up with an old friend at South Bank, and of course you cannot go to South Bank with a 6-year-old in warm weather without taking them to the Streets Beach (is it Streets Beach? I remember back when it was Breaka Beach... so it could be something else now... I dunno). I'm a bit miffed about having to spend on the swimwear, but also excited that it'll be the first time since I was about 12 that I'll be boardshort-free. Back then it was all about hiding stray pubes (in case they stuck out of your swimsuit), but it developed into "hiding hideous thighs." I'll pop my CC skirt/bikini bottom thing on and just not care.

Quite scared they won't have it in store though... that'll suck if they don't. Might give them a ring and see... and see if they can put it on hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment