Monday, October 17, 2011

Update of Measurements, Boardshorts Ban and YAY FOR SUSHI!

Time for some measurements...

Current Weight: 92.8kg (as of 18th October 2011, first thing after I woke up) 14.4kg lost

Bust: 110.5cm 10 cm lost
Under Bust: 94cm 6cm lost
Waist: 90cm 11.5cm lost
Hips: 116.5cm 9cm lost

Neck: 37cm 1.5cm lost

Left Thigh (fullest part): 65cm 11cm lost
Right Thigh (fullest part): 64.5cm 9.5cm lost

I didn't measure everything - I'll save that for another day - but you can see that I'm losing cms as well as kgs and that's awesome.

Well, I overcame a big fear of mine - not wearing boardies when swimming. I think I've worn boardies since I was 13. At 12, I went to swimming lessons (in the school pool) and was the only girl NOT wear them. I had a bikini on at that stage - one with those little shorts for bottoms, but not boardies. So as soon as Mum would buy me a new pair of swimmers, the next year, I would only agree to boardies on top.

So, at first, it was about fitting in. Then it was about fitting in and covering stray pubes that might make their way from my bikini bottoms... after all, I didn't regularly practice hair removal in my early teens (well, on my legs and underarms I did, but not elsewhere - it was a simpler time, and I don't think we spent our days discussing such things... I'm not sure I knew that people even removed it back then).

Then it became about covering up the thighs AND hiding stray pubes... because although I began to remove hair in my mid-teens, I wasn't having sex (and when I started having sex, it wasn't regular) so nobody saw down there so it didn't matter much if I slacked off with dealing with it. BUT, I was also getting fatter at that stage. Now when I say fatter, I was probably about 70kg. Not what you'd call FAT, but far from skinny either, and while 70kg would be freaking awesome right now, in high school unless you were no more than about 55kg, you were fat. So the boardies grew longer and longer - the first pair I got were short shorts... but as I grew, so did the length of my shorts. The last time I went swimming prior to this weekend, I was wearing knee-length boardies.

Well, screw that I say! Moving around in wet board shots is a task... and it's not like it hides the fact that your legs are huge anyway... when wet they cling to you for dear life, so any man and his dog can still see their massive width. So why not just forget about it? Why not be like those people I saw on the beach near Underweater World a few weeks back and just NOT CARE about it? I purchased some new swimwear in the City Chic sale (20% for 2 days)... and came back with this:


Yes, I can see that the mirror needs a clean... lol.
Well, I don't have great legs, but I made do, and I didn't give a shit... and just went and swam with my daughter. The only annoying part was that the skirt kept rising in the water so I looked like I was floating in an oil leak... but meh.

Food is mostly going well too. I saw my surgeon on Friday and he explained that the reason I could feel food going down previously was because of swelling... and that's why it's gone now. He also suggested I move onto normal foods. I might wait until I see my dietician before officially giving that a go though... I desperately want a salad but don't want to end up hanging over a toilet seat if I dare to try one.

Sushi is something I can eat now too. THANK GOD. I can eat about 1/2 a roll in a sitting, but the best part is you only really have to pay about $2 for your meal... much better than forking out for a proper meal and feeling like you're wasting money since you can only take a few small bites and then chuck it. It tastes divine too... tuna sushi was my first attempt and it was just perfect. Perhaps I'll make my own again soon - but cut mine into the portion sizes I can actually eat in full. Then I won't feel so wasteful. It feels so weird to eat such small amounts - like you're pathetic for only managing a HALF of a sushi roll since they're quite little anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment