Saturday, October 29, 2011

Losing PURE FAT, Throwing up amongst the herbs and trying on a size 16 in Portmans...

So my weight as of this morning: 90.6kg.

It just keeps going down and down, so I'm really quite thrilled.

Also happy with my loss is my dietician, who I saw on Wednesday. I love my dietician - seriously - I think I would pay to see her long after I stop needing her help because she always makes me feel good. She's the most positive person, and is just lovely.

One thing that she is VERY happy with is the fact that all the weight I've lost is fat. Not water, not muscle... PURE FAT! She said that's very uncommon and that it's GREAT. So every bit of weight I'd lost between my last visit and this visit (about 6 weeks in between), has been pure fat loss. My body fat percentage was previouly 46.something % and is now 41%. She said that's a huge drop as well, and is really happy with it.

I've been given the go-ahead now to try all foods as well. I have yet to attempt a steak or anything like that, and think it'll be a long while yet before I even consider it... I just don't feel ready for that kind of heavy texture just yet. I am happy to be given the okay to try normal foods though, because it means I can attempt salads, which I am very much looking forward to. Have a great goatscheese, beetroot, baby spinach, walnut and chickpea salad I'm intending to have this week... I hope it all goes down well.

Speaking of going down well - not all food does. Well, not all the time anyway. While there is a general rule not to drink 30 mins before or after meals, it seems to me that I have difficulty with foods when I don't drink BEFORE eating. If this happens, food tends to get clogged up and find it hard getting to my stomach... and it's all very uncomfortable. PREVIOUSLY if this happened, I'd chug on some sort of drink to push it down... but now if I do that... well... I spew.

Take today for example, and be warned, this is a gross story.

I had a few bites of sushi while I shopped. It equalled a bit less than 1/2 a sushi roll, so not much at all. Previously, sushi has been fine for me to eat, but I guess I didn't have enough to drink beforehand and it began to get stuck and feel uncomfortable. Dealing with a heavy trolley and a talkative child, I wasn't thinking and just took a swig of drink. BIG MISTAKE.

I was in the fruit shop, and felt the "omg I'm going to spew," feeling that you get post-op on occasion. It happens if you eat too much, eat too quickly or drink after meals. That's how it happens for me anyway. Well, my mouth filled up with metallic saliva, and I thought, "crap, I need to find a toilet." Only thing was, my trolley had a bunch of items I hadn't yet paid for, so I had to chuck them out. I quickly offloaded them to the nearest random pile of veges, and then realised that I wouldn't make it. Instead, I grabbed a little plastic bag (that you normally put your fruit/veg in) and decided I was going to have to use that. I didn't get it in time though, and spewed up in my mouth. Luckily I kept it closed... and I managed to open the bag and hold it up to my mouth before the next bit of spew came. I hid in the corner of the shop, spewing into a bag, terribly embarrassed, but unsure what else I could really do other than spew all over the shop floor. Once I was SURE I was done, I left hte shop with my tied-up spew bag and threw it in hte nearest bin, before heading to the toilets to clean myself up (watery eyes, red-faced and probably not really a good idea to be touching food). It was humiliating and disgusting, but I am glad that it seemed nobody noticed other than my daughter, who was repulsed to see me throw up in public.

So, lesson learnt. No eating while wandering around. I need to sit down and focus on my food so I'm actually THINKING about what I'm doing...  rather than just letting come naturally and then end up throwing up while standing in front of the herb section in a fruit/veg shop.

An interesting thing about throwing up after the sleeve is that it feels different. You know when you throw up (before sleeve) and it's usually quite liquidy? Whatever you've swallowed usually comes up at least half digested and with lots of liquid to accompany it. Well, that doesn't happen post-op. It comes up just as it would have when you swallowed it - so chewed, but not digested. There's also very little liquid involved, so you feel it come up the whole way, and it's quite revolting. I find it much more disgusting to vomit now than I did previously.

I guess the plus side of it is that you spew up much smaller amounts.

In other news, my daughter has decided that she wants to be a pescetarian. For those unsure of what that means, it's basically a vegetarian, with the exception of seafood... so she can eat all types of seafood, just not birds or mammals. She's 6, and has made the choice for ethical reasons... and I feel it's my job to support her through it. This means that my diet will probably alter as well - I might be getting some of my protein from non-meat sources some of the time. That'll be interesting... but I will keep meat on hand for myself if I need it. I know my protein-levels are important, so if I need to munch on some red meat, I will. Mostly though, I plan to just eat what she does... in smaller portions, of course.

I've also managed to fit into a size 16 in Portmans. Portmans tends to be a bit more generous than some places, but it's a 16 in a non-plus size shop, so I am pleased. I tried on a green dress that was STUNNING - it seriously was - but the neckline was too high for my bust and made me look a bit icky. The colour was amazing though... a gorgeous green that would flatter so many people...

Still, it wasn't stretchy and it zipped up the entire way... so I am pleased regardless of the fact that the neckline didn't suit. It fit. That is all I really needed to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment