Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Diet for Day 2, "Before" Photos and Finding Motivation

Day 2 of the pre-op diet has passed and onto day 3 today!

I can report another 500g drop in weight this morning - so in 2 days of the pre-op diet I've lost 1.2kg, which is pretty good. Let's see if I make it to 4kg, and if I do, will I lose more than that? Will be interesting to see.

Before I get into my menu for Day 2, I thought I better take some "before" photos. These are not that nice - I'm quite good at sucking my gut in and standing in a way that flatters me in photos, but in these I just wanted to let it all hang out. I'm just wearing what I'm wearing today, except I took my cardi off to show my arms and more of my body shape. So... here they are. My "before" photos...


I've just labelled them so I know exactly when they were taken for future reference.

Okay, so what did I eat yesterday?

*Celebrity Slim Cookies and Cream shake - didn't taste too "cookies and cream," to me, but it was nice... a LOT better than Opti.
*A few pickled onions (maybe 5 small ones?) - I assume these are okay, as we're allowed onions and allowed vinegar... and the ingredients didn't show much more than this. Good for crunch anyway.
*Optifast Chicken Soup - not as bad as I expected, but kind of like a very thick, creamy cup o soup. Not delicious but I didn't want to vomit either.
*1/2 Optifast Chocolate Dessert - leftover from day before
*Homemade soup - chicken stock, garlic, onion, cabbage, carrot and zucchini. It was quite filling. I've got some more serves for coming days.

I've been peeing like hell too - I spend so much time urinating lately. I hope it's my body cleansing my liver for me... but who knows. I do know I'm losing weight though, so that's a good sign.

Also need to get to work on an assignment for uni. I've got all I need to do it, it's just putting pen to paper (or hands to keyboard, rather). It's due next Friday so I'll definitely have more than enough time to get it done... but right now I just lack motivation. Being tired isn't helping of course... for some reason I haven't been able to sleep much though last night I took some tablets to help me sleep and it truly did help a lot... still, I am tired from the previous nights of no sleeping, so I might get started on my assignment later today, or tomorrow. I'm hoping I can find the motivation later today, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Regardless, I'm doing well at uni so have no reason to think I won't do well on this assignment as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment