Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Loss Slowing, Lack of Hunger but Tired of Opti

So I'm now 103.6kg. That's in a bit over a week, so I'm happy with those results. Obviously the weight loss has slowed but it's still happening. I'm okay with not losing much though - the focus is on the liver not on weight loss. I keep telling myself whenever loss is minimal. lol.

Anyway, I've not been very hungry lately... just kind of annoyed that I can't eat certain things. I'm used to using food to comfort myself, and being stressed out of an impending due date for a uni assignment would usually be the perfect occasion for a bit of a binge. Well, no, I can't. Instead I can sit here and do it... without food to support me and tell me I can do it. Yep, that's what food does for people like me - it tells us whatever we need to be told. Of course, it also later kicks us in the face and tells us we're fat and shit and nobody will ever love us... lol... but you tend to forget about that when you need food for a moment of support or comfort.

I'd quite like some cheese, and there's a delicious-looking recipe I've found for a post-op cheesey type soup... so I'm looking forward to being able to have that. I think I've said elsewhere on the net that if I had to live off only one food for my entire existance, it would be cheese. It tends to flavour things nicely, and alone it's divine as well... so would really appreciate a small amount of cheese. I have no issues with low-fat cheeses either - I find them just as nice - so am looking forward to the part of my post-op diet where I can introduce some low fat cheese.

Still just continuing along with shakes... totally not enjoying it, but I'm plodding along regardless.

My operation is in LESS THAN A WEEK. TBH, I am excited... mostly because it means I can say goodbye to opti for good. lol. Not really, though that's something that will seem like bliss in the short-term. Long term I know it'll be tough recovering, and I'll still have to eat things I'd rather not, but would much rather sustagen or something than Opti... and just hte fact that I can blend up some soups is appealing.

Also got some drinking yoghurt tonight so I can have some of that pre-op, and some pureed fruits (might as well have just purchased baby food... lol).

Anyway, gotta prepare dinner - we're having chicken and salad tonight, which is something I can actually have. Will have to remove any skin from my chicken, of course, and not have any avocado in my salad but otherwise it should be a nice meal compared to those of recent.

No comments:

Post a Comment