Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Reader Love, Abandoned for a Big Hole in the Ground and Adorable Little Flats

Wow, it's getting so close now! A little over a month away until I end up with far less stomach than I currently have and will be well on my way to permanent weight loss and a permanent health change as well (I hope!).

Oh - before I go into too much else, TO THOSE WHO LEAVE ME COMMENTS: Thank you so much! As much as some of the things I saw here are the kinds of things you kind of don't want others reading, I actually do like the fact that there ARE people reading whatever I've got to ramble on about, so I really appreciate it. I haven't replied to any recent comments because I can't... I don't know why, but my replies just won't post... so wanted to thank you guys in here instead. So yeah, your comments are much appreciated and make me feel like I must matter, at least a little bit... I mean, after all, you're taking time out of your day to visit my blog and I totally appreciate it.

...

So anyway, not too long away from surgery! In less then 20 days now, I'll be on my pre-op diet as well... which should be... erm... fun. Expect a billion and one updates during that period because I suspect I'll be cranky, and also lonely too. Why? Well, my partner is disappearing to the mines during this whole ordeal. He has my blessing, because it'll help financially, a LOT, but it does mean I'll be spending this horribly emotional time on my own. My mother is going to take care of me post-op (and my daughter while I'm actually in hospital) so I'll be taken care of regardless, but I am used to have B (that's the boyfriend) around so not having him here will no doubt be a bit of a struggle, especially as I starve myself silly on the pre-op diet.

That said, it may make things easier too. I'll only have to prepare one kid-sized meal for DD each night rather than cooking and entire family dinner, so that will possibly make it a bit easier. I'll try and feed her extra healthily but not-so-tastily... lol. Nah, I'll just feed her stuff I don't particularly enjoy myself but that she likes... so it's less of a temptation.

I've also called up the hospital to see who my anaesthetist is, and have found out a quote for the anaesthetic fees. The "rough estimate," my surgeon (Dr Greenslade) offered me was $1500 (before Medicare rebates). Still, that suggests you PAY $1500 and then get about $700-ish back from Medicare/health insurance. Well... I am luckier still! I pay ONLY $435.70. That's it. I pay this before my operation (I have until 24 hours prior to pay it) and that's all I have to pay. I rang up to confirm this as I was like, "wtf? that can't be right," but no, I am assured that it's ALL I will be paying them. YAY! They take all health fund costs and Medicare rebates from the fee before I pay, but even so, that's still a lot less than I had expected! So honestly, I am thrilled. Thank you members of Gastric Sleeve Support  for your recommendations of Dr Greenslade, and thank you Dr Greenslade for booking me in on a day you use a cheap anaesthetist! lol.

In other news, you guys will know my blood pressure has been a bit of an issue. Well... for some unknown reason it doesn't seem to be bothering me at the moment. My GP had organised for me to have a 24 hour blood pressure monitor on to record my BP every 1/2 hour (every hour after I went to bed) for 24 hours. GOD it was annoying, having that bitch squeeze the hell out of my arm, especially as I'd try to sleep. I'd lay there... FINALLY about to doze off... before hearing a soft "beep," and the damn thing inflating yet again to try and squeeze my upper arm so hard I woke up scared someone was trying to strange me but had my arm confused for my neck (lol).

Anyway, the results of that whole test aren't known to me yet and won't be for a week or so yet, but I did check the results every so often when it would check me. My HIGHEST reading seemed to be about 155/90. High, but far from the 200/120 I've seen before. It also spent most of its time around 140/65.. which I think it pretty damn good really. Perhaps my body just went nuts for a while and is okay again? I have no idea, but I'm happy it seems normal again regardless.

And hey... I embarrassed my body in my last post, so how about I embarrass my brain for a bit?

I got the Target catalogue in the mail last week sometime, and as I flicked through, I saw these shoes and drooled...
Vintage-inspired, bows AND flats... in beautiful colours! YAY!
They're FIFTEEN BUCKS! I was all, "So going to get all 4 pairs on the weekend," and have had the catalogue at my desk since, occasionally flicking through to drool some more.

Until last night.

I was rambling on to B about them, and told him I had to show him (explaining to him that I understood he didn't give 2 hoots about shoes, but that I look at his boring crap all the time, so he can at least feign interest and look at the photo).

I flicked the shoe section, and alas they were not there. I KNEW they were the catalogue, but why weren't they alongside the other shoes?

Then I realise.

THEY. ARE. KIDS. SHOES.

*dies*

No comments:

Post a Comment