Sunday, August 21, 2011

Stomach-Churning Shakes, Slacking off but doing well and 2 Weeks Pre-Op Stats...

So, first day of Optifast and OMG it's revolting. Not that I wasn't prepared for that, because I was... but it's worse than I had expected. Not the taste as such, because it's not nice but it's not enough to make me be sick. It's more the way it settles in my stomach. My stomach's not very happy with it, so it's been making me feel kinda queasy afterwards. I'm hoping this goes away, because it's just horrid.

Anyway, I have stuck to my word and haven't really ventured back to EB. I did go back once after my post here because I had an eMail saying I had a new PM there, so went to check that out. While I was there I did check on my thread to see what that had turned into... and meh. It was locked. Nothing exciting.

Otherwise, I haven't gone back to it, and while I do miss the fact that there's some interesting topics from time-to-time, I don't miss copping shit each and every time I make a post.

DP is off at the mines, and not enjoying it. It sucks because I miss him a lot and him being away has just made me realise how much I enjoy having him around. Very much looking forward to seeing him again, when he comes home, but it'll be horrible to say goodbye and send him back there.

I went out to dinner on Saturday night as well, as I said I would. We went to a nice Italian place and I really enjoyed my meal. I also met some lovely guys (all gay). One was incredibly beautiful - he looked like James Franco if James Franco was obviously into men. His smile was the same as his, and his eyes too... he was just divine. Most gay boys I know are though - the bitches. They're always so bitchy and pretty... I just adore them. I had a great night meeting them all, and had a few girls crack onto me too, which was new for me. Usually I get told I look "too straight," for that, so I was pleasantly suprised. A drunk (straight) girl tried to kiss me though, and I just wasn't interested... I was holding her upright because she'd otherwise fall over, but I was also worried she'd spew on me she was so off her face. Poor sod.

I dunno what I've done, it must have been my wedges, but my legs are killing me. I've done something to my hip too... the left side of it hurts like hell and I'm limping like an eldery man. Sleep is beginning to be a bit of an issue too, so I hope I get a good night's sleep tonight because the past few nights I've hardly slept at all and I feel like absolute crap.

I'm also considering checking out gyms now. Not sure if I should do it now, or wait until after my surgery. There's one just down the road that I could easily walk to, but given I'll be getting my car not long after my op, I don't know if I should wait and then shop around and find the best one for me. I'm still not sure if I want a female-only gym or not... I'm actually not sure I even care about whether or not men are there. I think I'm more paranoid that women will be judging me than men will be. Sometimes I wish there was a plus-size gym, exclusively for the use of fatties and former fatties... lol. Of course, letting people know you got to the fat gym would be a bit humiliating... lol. Ahhh stupid thoughts, my brain is full of them.

My uni course is nearly over too. Well, not the course... just this study period. I've got an assignment due in 2-ish weeks, and an open-book exam that I can do from about Saturday to Tuesday sometime, so I'll definitely have to get cracking there. So far I've been doing quite well too - I dunno if I've mentioned my results here or not, but I've recieved distinctions for all 3 assignments I've handed in so far. Given I'm kind of slack with it, I think they're fantastic results. It's how I was in school though - I never did as much work as I could/should have, but still did well. So, pleased regardless. It just means that if I put in more effort I'd do better. At least it's better than working my arse off and barely passing I suppose. I hate that I have no motivation to do anything though, and hope that I start to actually study more next units (which I think are News and Politics and... I dunno what the other one is, it's something to do with Screen Analysis I think).

I can't believe that in 2 weeks I'll be in hospital having a portion of my stomach removed. I'm actually getting a bit nervous about it, thinking to myself, "Are you seriously going to go through with this?" every so often. It's a scary thing because it's not reversible, so I'm stuck with this decision for life... so I try to remind myself that it's better to have a small stomach than to be suffering from obesity for all my life.

So I guess I'll do stats... since I might lose weight on Opti.

Weight: 107.2kg
Heaviest Weight: 110kg
Lightest Adult Weight: 83kg
Height: 161cm (it seems to go 1cm either side, so I'll use this one in the middle instead)

Bust: 120.5cm
Under Bust: 100cm
Waist: 101.5cm
Hips: 125.5cm

Neck: 38.5cm

Left Wrist: 19.5cm
Right Wrist: 19cm

Left Forearm (fullest part): 31cm
Right Forearm (fullest part): 30cm

Left Upper Arm (fullest part): 42cm
Right Upper Arm (fullest part): 41cm

Left Ankle: 29cm
Right Ankle: 28cm

Left Calf (fullest part): 49cm
Right Calf (fullest part): 47.5cm

Left Thigh (fullest part): 76cm
Right Thigh (fullest part): 74cm

Dress Size: 16/18 according to City Chic. Most of my clothes come from there, because they tend to cater to my bust fairly well, but the clothes that I do wear from other shops are a 16 in a stretchy top, or an 18 without stretch in dresses/pants...  so I'd guess I'm about an 18. My underwear and PJs are an 18 and fit very comfortably, so I suppose that would be my size.

I guess that's all that I can really measure that will change with time. It'll be good to be able to keep track of those too, even if my weight doesn't alter much, because I still may lose cms. My bust measurement is also with a bra on, though I think it's about the same without a bra. My thigh measurement is also the very top of my thigh, where I have some very loose, soft flesh on my inner thigh... so I'm not exactly sure what will happen there. I'm hoping to god that it disappears because it's not very pretty. I wasn't sure whether to measure that fleshy part or the firmer part of my thigh, which is only a tiny bit further down, but I've chosen to include the soft flesh in the hopes that it disappears and I can record that.

Anyway, there you have it... my stats at the start of my Opti journey and 2 weeks pre-op.

No comments:

Post a Comment