Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pre-Op Diet Day 3, 2kg down in 3 days and Cheating with a Fish

2kg down in 3 days! Yep, I had lost another 800g this morning... despite the fact I had a slip-up last night and ate a small tin of tuna. I had this weird pain/ache in my that little dip between your collarbones (so where your neck meets your chest), and I jsut felt like I HAD to eat some meat... so I searched for the healthiest thing I could find and a small tin of tuna in springwater was it. I checked and it had approx 100 calories, and approx 1.5g carbs and little in the way of fat, so I'm not too concerned. I was feeling pretty guilty last night, but I checked my inbox this morning after sending an eMail to my surgeon a few days ago, and it says not to be too concerned about slip-ups, and that so long as I get back on the horse after I fall off it, and that a healthy slip is better than something like KFC, so I'm not bothered anymore. I'll still do my best not to slip again, but I'm not going to feel badly about that 1 tin of tuna.

Really, stressing over a tiny tin of tuna is worlds away from where I've been in the past too. A slip-up of tuna would never have even been considered a slip-up in the past... a slip-up was having a huge block of chocolate, or a large Maccas meal or something. Not a tiny tin of tuna. So really, there's no point stressing.

Regardless, I've lost my 2kg in 3 days, so I'm pretty happy so far.

Yesterday I ate...

*ChocMint Celebrity Slim shake - quite yummy! Will have to get more celeb slim shakes.
*A few pickled onions (5-ish?)
*Vanilla Optifast Shake - much better than the chocolate.
*My "meat-free bolognaise," sauce (zucchini, onion, garlic, tomatoes, carrot and herbs with a tiny bit of chicken stock to make it a bit saucier) on top of some sauteed mushrooms.
*Optifast Berry Crunch Bar - Edible. Much more so than the other bar flavour.
*Small tin of tuna in springwater
*Diet Coke, Diet Raspberry Cordial and Water

My poor body is obviously starving, and I'm tired as hell despite getting good sleep each day, but I suppose that's what you should expect when you're not eating much at all. Hopefully this is adequately shrinking my liver. I wonder if my liver is even incredibly fatty to begin with. I'm unsure as to why they don't test this before surgery, so you don't have to have this crazy diet if it's not an issue for you... maybe it's just easy and healthier to pop everyone on Opti pre-op instead of checking individuals. I'll see if I can ask him how my liver was after my surgery.

Um, I guess that's really all. There's not much new to report...

2 comments:

  1. hey sass. my surgeon told me they like to do this even with people who aren't overly obese. a) to shrink the liver. and b) so its not such a huge shock on your body when post op diet begins. imagine getting to eat whatever, surgery, bam, 6 weeks of hell while trying to heal and you most definitely cant slip up post op, so this is a way to get u ready and your body in acceptance mode if u know what i mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Optifast sucks. I hate shakes so I am dreading this diet. I'm not allowed tony ferguson or celebrity slim, only optifast or optislim. But whats 2 weeks compared to the rest of your life.
    I'm commenting on your diary as though its present tense even though i'm realizing you're on the other side now. I've spent most of this morning reading your diary and its been really eye opening for me. Just want you to know that I've felt the same in regards to so much of what you've shared. And it's made me feel better to realize I am not alone in this, especially when the feelings itself are so lonely.

    ReplyDelete